Monday, July 30, 2012

The Cost of My Oil

The breaking of the alabaster box and the anointing of the Lord filled the house with the odor, with the sweetest odor. Everyone could smell it. Whenever you meet someone who has really suffered; been limited, gone through things for the Lord, willing to be imprisoned by the Lord, just being satisfied with Him and nothing else, immediately you scent the fragrance. There is a savor of the Lord. Something has been crushed, something has been broken, and there is a resulting odor of sweetness. --Watchman Nee


Alabaster Box Lyrics
The room grew still 
As she made her way to Jesus 
She stumbles through the tears that made her blind 
She felt such pain 
Some spoke in anger 
Heard folks whisper 
There's no place here for her kind 
Still on she came 
Through the shame that flushed her face 
Until at last, she knelt before his feet 
And though she spoke no words 
Everything she said was heard 
As she poured her love for the Master 
From her box of alabaster 

And I've come to pour 
My praise on Him 
Like oil from Mary's alabaster box 
Don't be angry if I wash his feet with my tears 
And I dry them with my hair 
You weren't there the night He found me 
You did not feel what I felt 
When he wrapped his love all around me and 
You don't know the cost of the oil 
In my alabaster box 


I can't forget the way life used to be 
I was a prisoner to the sin that had me bound 
And I spent my days 
Poured my life without measure 
Into a little treasure box 
I'd thought I'd found 
Until the day when Jesus came to me 
And healed my soul 
With the wonder of His touch 
So now I'm giving back to Him 
All the praise He's worthy of 
I've been forgiven 
And that's why 
I love Him so much

And I've come to pour 
My praise on Him 
Like oil from Mary's alabaster box 
Don't be angry if I wash his feet with my tears 
And dry them with my hair (my hair) 
You weren't there the night Jesus found me 
You did not feel what I felt 
When He wrapped his loving arms around me and 
You don't know the cost of the oil 
Oh, you don't know the cost of my praise 
You don't know the cost of the oil 
In my alabaster box


~~I am not sure there is anything left to say for tonight...other than THANK YOU JESUS for accepting my oil. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I want to say something! But I am not sure what I want to say, except our Sweet Sweet Jesus loves us! You know me well enough to know my thoughts! I love you!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This is my favorite passage. Jesus is worthy of our extravagant love and worship!

    ReplyDelete