Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Helping others.

For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger & you invited me in, I needed clothes & you clothed me, I was sick & you looked after me, I was in prison & you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry & feed you, or thirsty & give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger & invite you in, or needing clothes & clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison & go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers & sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:35-40 (NIV)

If someone asks you:

~ for food, do you feed them?
~ water, do you give it to them?
~ for a place to stay, do you provide shelter?
~ for clothes, do you cloth them?
~ for companionship & is confined to the "prison" of this world, do you visit them & tell them of Jesus?

What if:
~ you do not like the person asking?
~ the person has done you wrong?
~ the person is on drugs...an alcoholic...gay...had an abortion...murdered someone...a different race/nationality/ethnicity?
~ it is someone you love?

What do you do?

1 comment:

  1. As a Christlike being we so often forget this scripture: Hebrews 13:2 "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels." In Gods eye we don't have to like the person, it doesn't matter if they have done us wrong, or their sexual preference, or murdered, for you never know when you may be 'entertaining angels'!

    ReplyDelete