Wednesday, August 29, 2012

He Uses Birds....


    On my front porch we have filled the hummingbird feeder with sugar water due to a visiting female hummingbird. Since adding the water, we have 2 more coming to feed; one is a baby (teeny-tiny) and another female, yet a different color than the first.

Hummingbirds are the smallest birds in the world, with the bee hummingbird being about 5.5 cm long. As I have seen in the past few days the hummingbird is also very protective of their territory and will chase other birds....much larger than them. 

This reminds me of the verses:

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, wether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. ~~ Philippians 4:12-13

These small birds have strength in Him. I should always trust His strength too.

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or read or store away in barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? ~~ Matthew 6:25-27

He takes care of the birds, why should I worry if He will take care of me?

God uses His creatures to teach us and remind us. Thank you Lord for reminding me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment