Sunday, March 10, 2013

When I don't want to…

So this morning (and I will admit, several other mornings before today), as I was speaking with God I asked Him to give me the direction I needed….RED FLASHING NEON SIGN kind of direction (Alexa I know you understand). I wasn't sure where I was going to services, but decided shortly after this conversation with God.

Well, I KNEW this was something He was working on because all at once I DIDN'T WANT TO GO ANYWHERE FOR SERVICE! When this attitude of resistance happens, I KNOW I am supposed to be at the place I am not wanting to go.

I shower, get dressed, leave, show up at the church and this is the first thing I see:
  • Strongholds are lies that the devil has ingrained so deeply in your mind and in your belief system that they now exert power over certain areas of your life. ~~Rick Renner
  • A stronghold is a mind-set that accepts a situation as unchangeable, even though that situation is contrary to the will of God. ~~Dr. Tony Evans
It was revealed to me today (and a few other times before today) that doubt, anxiety and worry are sins. I can honestly say, I sin daily. I have sinned so much in this area, they are now strongholds based on the above definitions. So with the below prayer and your help, I am confessing and rebuking my sin.

James 5:13-16 (NIV)
The Prayer of Faith
Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

I am claiming this sin in my life to be gone. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth!

To continue with the service:
Yes, that same service I was resisting initially.

I have also been asking God for more "meat and potatoes" kinds of word. I have been digging into scripture more and craving His word. Well, this was the last part of the service:
  • Bring me plain, scriptural proof for your assertion, or I cannot allow it. ~~John Wesley
  • You are in danger of enthusiasm* every hour if you depart ever so little from Scripture. ~~John Wesley
*emotion based reasoning, is how the pastor defined enthusiasm - makes sense to me

God gave me that RED FLASHING NEON SIGN several times today. I am grateful. I must remember: When I don't want to…. is usually when I NEED to.

I love you all. Thank you for listening to my ramblings, keep me in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Tajuan for your honesty and your reflections. This posting is/has helped me today in an area that I was struggling with. You are my mentor and I look forward to learning more from you! I am looking forward to serving God and standing in His word! I am going to start STANDING IN MY TRUTH on a daily basis, because I know that with God, I cannot go wrong.

    ReplyDelete