Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lukewarm? Hot? Cold?

Revelation 3:15-17
I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

When Christ calls us He does NOT want us to be a fan, He is seeking followers.

Following Jesus looks a little different than merely being a fan, sitting on the sidelines and cheering His team on. Following Him means we are willing to get out on the playing field, defend Him, tackle the enemy, make a mad dash for the goal line as we are being chased by the opposing team trying to tear us down, calling plays that are "outside of the box" and working together for His glory.

He tells us in the above verse: I WISH YOU WERE ONE OR THE OTHER! To me He is saying: I would rather you turn against me OR be on fire for me than to be sitting on the sidelines DOING NOTHING to help my kingdom!

Whew, what a choice to make! There are days I just want to sit idly on the sideline with a pompom in my hand and cheer on His team, yet those are usually the days I don't have a choice but to get down on the field (sometimes in my 'nice' clothes) and battle some demons who are trying to kill, steal and destroy! Do I always make this choice? NO! I am human! I err! I fail Him miserably at times! Guess what?

HE LOVES ME ANYWAY and calls me again....Tajuan, here I am. I am waiting. My team needs you. I will wait as long as necessary, because I love you.

He loves me anyway? He waits on me? His team needs me? Me? Really?

Yes, YOU.

Today, I am a follower. I cannot promise what I will do tomorrow, but today I feel His undying, never-ending, all-consuming grace, love and mercy. I am not worthy by any human standards to be on His team. Yet, by His blood I am made worthy to be on His team and HE WANTS ME THERE!

Guess what?

He wants YOU too! Today.....ARE YOU LUKEWARM? HOT? COLD?

No comments:

Post a Comment